All services are provided in partnership with the client and their families.
Annual Exams including pap smears and breast exams
Pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum care
Birth services offered exclusively at Community Memorial Hospital
Family Planning/Birth Control
Gynecologic Services including UTI, STD/STI screening and treatment
Menstrual cycle concerns including irregular, heavy and painful periods
Health promotion and disease prevention
Individualized wellness education and counseling
What is a midwife?
- Midwife simply means “with woman”.
- A certified nurse-midwife (CNM) is a registered nurse who has advanced training and education in family planning, pregnancy, birth, newborn care, postpartum, menopause and beyond.
- In California, a CNM is an independent practitioner who works in collaboration and consultation with a physician depending on the needs of the individual client.
Why choose a nurse-midwife?
- The midwifery model of care views pregnancy and birth as normal processes. CNMs provide holistic care focused on preventative measures to help you keep your pregnancy and delivery healthy.
- Midwifery services are provided in partnership with clients and families.